top of page
  • twarnock16


It depends on the specific laws in your jurisdiction and the language in your will and/or Trust. In some cases, the estate may pass to your child's spouse, while in others it may go to your grandchildren or other heirs. It's important to consult with an estate planning lawyer, such as the Warnock Law Group, to ensure your wishes are properly documented and legally binding.

If you do not want your daughter-in-law or soon to be ex daughter-in-law, son-in-law or soon to be ex son-in-lawto inherit your assets, you may want to consider creating a trust that outlines your wishes for the distribution of your assets after your passing that contains language speficic to that scenario. There are several ways to manage the distributions in a trust to keep you assets out of the hands of you ex in-laws.

Often people are also worried about who would manage assets that may pass to their grandchildren if their child is not there, and they do not want it to be an ex in-law. One of the many benefits of having a revocable living trust is you get to choose who manages money for you grandchildren once you are gone and it does not have to involve anyone you don't want it to. It's important to work with a qualified attorney, such as one at the Warnock law group, to create these documents and keep them updated as your circumstances change.

It is important to seek legal advice when starting the estate planning process.

For further help with the Estate Planning process and help creating a Trust please contact us at:

6843 Porto Fino Cir, Fort Myers, FL 33912, USA (239) 437-1197

24 views0 comments


bottom of page